Monday, September 29, 2008

CANADA!

All right I have been home from Canada and now I am finally doing this post. I will try to post the pictures on soon!

In the morning we had to wake up a 4:oo A.M. and drive to the airport. We took a six hour flight to Seattle and got a car and grossed the border to Canada then got on the ferry to Vancouver Island and were to tired to set the tent so we just set some sleeping bags on the ground. The next day we drove more, got some food and camped near a harbor. That night we watched some dolphins jumping around not to far away from the dock and one jumped u and hit a bout. The next day we packed the kayak and took off. We paddled around and watched some Orcas pass us. We found a nice campsite and set up a tend and thought we would stay there for a couple days. We saw orcas at leat four times a day.
OK I was there for three weeks so I will just say the exiting stuff.

The next day set off around 1:00. We saw orcas swimming around then they left. Dad and I to wait a while because we know that do not follow the orcas and if you wait another pod might come and they will do even more. We saw some heading are way. When I are kayaking and you see some coming toward you you have to stop paddling. They came right up to us.I could have reached out and touched them. And for those who have never seen one their blows are wicked loud. There was a newborn calf we named Finn (after my little sister). All this one want to do was play. It would jump around and try to bug the older calf bay going under it and poking it a wrestling it. Bye the time they were gone it was pouring rain and he headed back and changed into dry close, had some dinner then rousted marshmellows over a fire.
told me about how their was a observatoin point on a cliff were people sat there most of the summer and studied them. We left the and out of no were came some orcas. They swam by except for two of them and they sat there. They were farting and making E.T. like noises. Then they started swimming again. We paddled a little more and then it started raining. Some orcas past us again and one even stuck some of it's head out of the water and made a call. We got to the beach and hiked up a little path. By the time we got there the people were gone. We sat there for a while then paddled back.
Then next day we left a little earlier and passed some more orcas and finally got there when they were there. We talked to them for a while. an hour later we left. On are way there we saw some orcas just sitting there swimming around rest and making calls. One swam fifty feet away from us and stuck its head out and made a call. Some of them we spyhopping and the little calf was pushing the older one and breaching a few times. One time it was thirty feet away from us and it jumped up and made a little "
rrraaaaaaa' sound. They just sat there so peiceful when a cruise bout had to come and ruin there fun.

Then next day we decided to find a new campsite. We found one that had a small beached and you climmed a small rock wall to get to are tent. Dad and I put one some wet suits and swam a little.
at that campsite we saw lots of Dall porpoises swiming around. you see them take a few breaths a couple time then there are gone.

The next day I started it feel like crap. I felt a little sick and just wanted to rest. My dad said.
"Bad place to get sick" But think would you rather be sick lying in your bed or be there with looking at the mountians and the sunset and the orcas swimming by.
On the second to last night we were sitting one the beach and we herd some blows. We walked over and saw three calfs sitting there then they started spyhopping. All three of them sticking there heads out of the water calling a blowing for a couple minutes then a bout had to come and they swam away. The next night we dicided to do a final kayak then leave and see a docter. On are way back we could here the orcas but not see them. Then a huge female came a couple feet away from are boat. Then blew again next to us. The next morning we packed up and left. We wound one and they said I had strep and they gave me pills. But that did not work. We got back into the states and went to another one and it turns out I really had nomonya. They gave me new pills. Then Dad said he wanted to stay at a hotel so we could get to the plane faster. Even though I felt like crap I still wanted to camp. Dad also told me the greatest (Other then Jack White) guitarist of all time "Jimi Hendrix"'s grave was not to far from here and no matter what I really wanted to go. When we got there and stepped inside it was as though you could here his music ringing around. His parents, sister, and grandmother we also buried there. knowing he was right there under me was amazing. The next day we got on the plane and flew back home. Now I am in school I am sitting there in the middle of class thinking. I want to go back.

Here are some of the pictures we got from the trip. Are good camera somehow fell out of the pack before we left and we had a really bad camera which I want to crush. So after a while we gave up on it. The Oras my look far away in the picture but real they were really close.


















1 comment:

Tilly said...

oh my gosh that is so cool that is like a dream coming true